MOCK TEST QUIZ FOR IAS PRELIMS 2015 CIVIL SERVICES EXAM
TOPIC-PRE-HISTORIC CULTURES IN INDIA -2 (12 MORE MOCK TEST FROM THIS SECTION )
11.Which of the following is the largest Microlithic age site in India?
12. In Paleolithic society all men and women were
(a) treated as of equal importance
(b) men were higher status than women
(c) women were higher status than men
13. The term 'Neolithic' is derived from
(a) two Latin words
(b) two Greek words
(c) two Prakrit words
(d) two Sanskrit words
14. Paleolithic people or clan
(a) settled in one place for a long time
(b) Did not settle in one place for a long time
(c) Were not engaged in hunting and fishing
15. The Paleolithic age in India is divided into three phases according to
(a) The nature of stone tolls
(b) Faunal remains
(c) The nature of stone tools and change in climate and faunal remains
(d) Change in the climate
16. Which of the following Ages the Homo Sapiens the human being for the first time appeared '?
(a) in the Mesolithic age
(b) in the upper Paleolithic age
(c) in the middle Paleolithic age
(d) in the lower Paleolithic age
17Which of the following is a site of lower Paleolithic age?
(a) Jharkhand Plateau
18. Which of the following is not the site of Mesolithic age?
(a) Sarai Nahar Rai, U.P.
(b) Langhnaj, Gujarat
(c) Tilwara, Rajasthan
19. Which of the following statement is/are correct ?
(a) The ancient Indian literature were mostly religious in nature and contains no definite date for events.
(b) The sources of ancient Indian history included the inscriptions, coins, foreign account
(c) Both (a) and (b)
20. Which one of the following shows the characteristics of the humans skeletons of the people of the Mesolithic age?
(b) Hamitic Negroids
21. Which of the following people worshipped mother goddess?
(a) Paleolithic men
(b) Mesolithic men
(c) Neolithic men
(d) Chalcolithic men
22. The artefacts from Bori in Maharasthra indicate that the first man appeared as early as
(a) 1.4 million years
(b) 1.7 million years
(c) 1..5 million years
(d) 1.2 million years
23. The tools of Paleolithic found in Chota Nagpur could be as old as of
(a) 1,20,000 B C
(b) 1,00 000 BE.
(c) 1,50,000 BC
(d) 50,000 B C
24. In India the earliest known Neolithic settlement is
25. Which of the following statement is /are correct'
(a) Mesolithic age people used tools which were extremely small—about 3 cm in length
(b) The characteristic tools of the Mesolithic are microlithis.
(c) The microliths excavated at Langhnaj in Gujarat
(d) All the above
CHECK ANSWER BELOW-CLICK BUTTON
12.(a)treated as of equal importance
13.(b)two Greek words
14.(a)settled in one place for a long time
15.(c)The nature of stone tools and change in climate and faunal remains
16.(a)in the Mesolithic age
19.(c) Both (a) and (b)
22.(a)1.4 million years
23.(b)1,00 000 BE.
25(d)-All the above
Posted by Akash Pandey | Saturday, 25 July 2015 | 9:41:00 am