ESSAY QUESTION PAPERS
BEST IAS BOOKS- BEST BOOKS FOR PRELIMS AND MAINS 2015-2016(OUR PAGE ON AMAZON AND FLIPKART IAS BOOKS OFFER)PREVIOUS YEAR ESSAY QUESTION PAPERS-UPSC IAS
Time Allowed : Three Hours
Maximum Marks : 200
UPSC mains paper-Previous year Essay question paper
written essay papers
civil services essay writing
IAS ESSAY QUESTION PAPER-2014
Section-A (125 marks)
Write any one of the following essay in 1000-1200 words.
Q-1.With greater power comes greater responsibility.
Q-2.Is the growing level of competition good for the youth?
Q-3.Are the standardized tests good measure of academic ability or progress?
Q-4.Words are sharper than the two-edged sword.
Section-B (125 marks)
Write any one of the following essay in 1000-1200 words.
Q-1.Was it the policy paralysis or the paralysis of implementation which slowed the growth of our country?
Q-2.Is sting operation an invasion on privacy?
Q-3.Fifty Golds in Olympics: Can this be a reality for India?
Q-4.Tourism: Can this be the next big thing for India?
IAS mains exam paper 2013
Following are the Questions/Topics Asked in the Essay Paper
UPSC essay topics
Q .1 Be the change you want to see in others- Gandhiji.
Q. 2 Is the Colonial mentality hindering India’s Success?
Q. 3 GDP(Gross Domestic Product) along with GDH(Gross Domestic Happiness) would be the right indices for judging the well being of a country.
Q. 4 Science and Technology is the panacea for the growth and security of the Nation.
UPSC civil service exam 2012
Essay Paper for 2012 IAS Exam
1.In the context of Gandhiji's views on the matter, explore, on an evolutionary scale, the terms 'Swadhinata', 'Swaraj' and 'Dharmarajya'. Critically comment on their contemporary relevance to Indian democracy.
2.Is the criticism that the 'Public-private-Partnership'(PPP) model for development more of a bane in The Indian context justified?
3.Science and Mysticism: Are they compatible?
4.Managing work and home- is the Indian Working women getting a fair deal?
Essays for civil services exam 2011
Write an essay on any one of the following topics: 200
1. Creation of smaller states and the consequent administrative, economic and developmental implications.
2. Does Indian cinema shape our popular culture or merely reflect it?
3. Credit-based higher education system-status, opportunities and challenges.
4. In the Indian context, both human intelligence and technical intelligence are crucial in combating terrorism.
Essay Paper for 2010 Civil service Exam
1. Geography may the same; history need not.
2. Should a moratorium be imposed on all fresh mining in tribal areas of the country?
3. Preparedness of our society for India's global leadership role.
4. From traditional Indian philanthropy to the Gates-Buffett model a natural progression or a paradigm shift?
Essay Paper for 2009 IAS exam
Essay topics for upsc
1. Are our traditional handicrafts doomed to a slow death?
2. Are we a 'soft' state?
3."The focus of health care is increasingly getting skewed towards the 'haves ' of our society."
4."Good fences make good neighbours."
5.'Globalism' vs. 'Nationalism'
IAS Essay questions paper mains 2008 civil services examination
1. Role of media in good governance
2. National Identity and Patriotism
3. Special Economic Zones: Boon or Bane
4. Discipline means success, anarchy means ruin
5. Urbanization and its hazards
6. Is an egalitarian society possible by educating the masses?
2007 essay question paper UPSC civil services exam India
1. Independent thinking should be encouraged right from the childhood.
2. Evaluation of Panchayati Raj System in India from the point of view of eradication of power to people.
3. Attitude makes, habit makes character and character makes a man.
4. Is Autonomy the best answer to combat balkanization?
5. How has satellite television brought about cultural change in Indian mindsets.
6. BPO boom in India.
Civil Service Examination 2006 Essay Paper
1. Women's Reservation Bill Would Usher in Empowerment for Women in India.
2. Protection of Ecology and Environment is Essential for Sustained Economic Development.
3. Importance of Indo-U.S. Nuclear Agreement.
4. "Education for All" Campaign in India: Myth or Reality.
5. Globalization Would Finish Small-Scale Industries in India.
6. Increasing Computerization Would lead to the Creation of a Dehumanized Society.
Indian civil services exam Essay Paper for 2005 Civil service Exam
1. Justice must reach the poor
2. The hand that rocks the cradle
3. If women ruled the world
4. what is real education?
5. Terrorism and world peace
6. Food security for sustainable national development
UPSC IAS mains Essay Paper for 2004
1. India's Role in Promoting ASEAN Co-operation.
2. Judicial Activism and Indian Democracy.
3. Whiter Women's Emancipation?
4. Globalisation and Its Impact on Indian Culture.
5. The Lure of Space.
6. Water Resources Should Be Under the Control of Central Government.
UPSC civil service exam Essay Paper for 2003
1. The Masks of New Imperialism.
2. How far has democracy in India delivered the goods?
3. How should a civil servant conduct himself?
4. As civilization advances culture declines.
5. There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
Sprituality and Scientific temper.
Essays for civil services 2002 exam
1. Modern Technological Education and human values.
2. Search for truth can only be a spiritual problem.
3. If youth knew, if age could.
4. The paths of glory lead but to the grave.
5. Privatisation of Higher Education in India.
6. Responsibility of media in democracy.
Essays for civil services 2001 exam
1. What have we gained from our democratic set-up?
2. My vision of an ideal world order.
3. The march of science and the erosion of human value.
4. Irrelevance of the classroom.
5. The pursuit of excellence
6. Empowerment alone cannot help our women.
Essays for civil services 2000 exam
2. The cyber world : its charms and challenges.
3. The country's need for a better disaster management system.
4. Indian culture today : a myth or a reality ?
5. The implications of globalisation for India.
6. Modernism and our traditional socio-ethical value
Posted by Akash Pandey | Friday, 6 November 2015 | 12:31:00 pm